True Sport is a national movement for sport and community.
At the heart of True Sport is a simple idea: good sport can make a great difference. As a proud member of the True Sport movement, REBEL ROWING believes in the difference that sport can make in the everyday lives of Canadians; to achieve this, sport must first and foremost provide a positive experience for participants. REBEL ROWING recognizes the True Sport Principles for Sport as a guiding light in defining the sport experience.
True Sport promotes these seven principles:
- Go for it – Always strive for excellence and rise to the challenge, but never at the expense of others. Discover how good you can be.
- Play Fair – Play honestly and obey the rules, in letter and spirit. Winning is only meaningful when competition is fair.
- Respect Others – Show respect for everyone involved in creating a sporting experience, both on the field and off. Win with dignity and lose with grace.
- Keep it Fun – Find the joy and have a good time. Keep a positive attitude and look to make a positive difference, on the field and in your community.
- Stay Healthy – Place physical and mental health above all other considerations and avoid unsafe activities. Respect your body and keep in shape.
- Include Everyone – Share sport with others, regardless of creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or ability. Invite everyone into sport to make it more meaningful for the whole community.
- Give Back – Always remember the community that supports your sport and helps make it possible. Find ways to show your appreciation and help others get the most out of sport.
Click here to find out more about the True Sport Movement!